There are plenty of keen fishermen and anglers across the length and breadth of Australia. The challenge of humans against creatures captivates and frustrates in equal measure, as stories, both true and tall, are told after an expedition.
To get the most out of a day on the water, those who love sea fishing need somewhere to really get their juices flowing that provides a challenge but then somewhere good to kick back afterwards and enjoy a chat with fellow enthusiasts. That is where Merimbula fishing charters provide the perfect solution.
- Whether at an advanced level or an absolute beginner, the trips out to sea are simply perfect, with the Sapphire Coast offering some of the best inshore and offshore fishing across the nation. It’s possible to head out on a private charter or a shared vessel when booking with local experts.
- It’s a company that has owned and operated the Merimbula Marina since 2008, so it’s fair to say that they know their business inside out. Previously, the marina predominantly catered for dolphin and whale watching but has since realised that anglers are also passionate about fishing in the area.
- The fish that can be caught are plentiful and cover a wide range, such as snapper, kingfish, nannygai, trevally, and tiger and sand flathead. It’s the sort of selection that would soon have any seafood lovers salivating in their local restaurant. However, they need to be caught first.
- A motored 14m vessel takes the intrepid anglers out, which is limited to 12 at a time so that everyone can relax and not feel closed in. There is plenty of space to concentrate on the task ahead on the fully equipped boat.
- The experience is completely hassle-free, and there’s not even a need to take any gear. Top-quality rods and reels are provided and there is no need to obtain a license. Everything is taken care of, right down to any caught fish being cleaned and bagged, ready to take home for tea to enjoy a wonderful meal.
- Trips usually last around 3 hours, as the captain uses his vast experience to head to the best reef according to weather conditions, while the crew help those seeking it with the best advice. Booking online is simple too.
Whatever the ability of the angler, everyone loves a fishing charter in the south of NSW, as expert guidance and a well-appointed vessel help create the perfect experience.